On Sunday, the 10th of June 2018 in Kirki, the local Cultural Club in cooperation with the Municipality of Alexandroupolis, is organizing the 2st mountain running race competition called “2nd Kirki Trail”. Kirki is located 24 km North-Northwest of Alexandroupolis, the capital of the Evros prefecture.
The races include two main routes: half-marathon (21.098m) and 8.850m, one street-country race of 4.550m and a small children-family race of 1000m.
- The terrain of both main routes (half-marathon and 8.850m) consists of ground terrain mainly in wooden areas.
- In half-marathon start will take place next to the Kirki’s train station.
- In all other races start and finish will be at the central square of the village.
- At km 4, 6.5 and finish of 8.850m route there will be supplies of water and bananas.
- At km 3, 6, 9 and finish of half-marathon there will be supplies of water, juices, cereal bars and bananas.
- The main races will be hand timed.
- All along the main races there will be distance indications every 500m.
- During the race, police authorities will regulate traffic around the village and the 12th army division will be providing medical support.
- Every person over 18 for the half-marathon, every man over 18 and woman over 16 for the 8.850m, every person over 14 for the 4.550m and children between 9-12 years for 1000m has the right to participate.
- All participants must take the necessary medical care and be aware that they take part in the event on their own responsibility.
- The organizers will not be held liable for anything that can happen during the race.
- There will be a participation fee of 5 €, which includes water, bananas, a T-shirt, medal, diploma or participation certificate.
- The awards ceremony will take place in the central square of Kirki.
- There will be three male and three female winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd place) for the 4.550m race. Medals and diplomas will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. Trophies will be awarded to the 1st place winners. A commemorative medal will be given to those who finish the race. On races half-marathon and 8.850m the prize award system of veteran athletes will apply. The age groups are: 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75+. Age Group changes for those, who on June 10 2018, complete their 35th, 40th, 45th, 50th, 55th, 60th, 65th, 70th, 75th+ birthday. Medals and diplomas will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. An extra trophy will be prepared for the 1st winner of each age group. A commemorative medal and certificate will be given to those who finish the race.